Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Six Days and Counting

Six days until I go back to work, and I am jamming all kinds of appointments into those last few days.
  • meeting with the pastor about FH's baptism
  • haircut (which is desperately needed)
  • chiropractor
  • FH's three month checkup
  • eye appointment
We are also having a four-year-old birthday party for LM on Sunday, and somewhere in there I still need to lose ten pounds. Totally backslid this last week. Eating an entire bag of chocolate chips is probably not a good thing.

I should mention, just for the record, that I do not have a bad job at all. I know it may sound like I am going back to the worse thing ever, but that is not the case.

Of course, there is the proverbial grass is greener on the other side thing. I know in my head that if I truly quit my job to stay home with the kids there would be negative things about that too. For starters, money would be a huge issue. It is convenient to think all things would be fine but that is because my check "magically" appears in the checking account every two weeks while I have been on leave. This, obviously, would not be the case if I didn't have a job.


No comments: